Hopewell Junction, NY
Hiring for 1st and 2nd Shifts
• Commits to providing our customers with outstanding product quality, service, and value with the expectations of achieving brand loyalty.
• Capable of coating full range of product offerings at site location.
• Capable of coating new product from engineering design drawings.
• Capable of coating from prototype jobs.
• Capable of performing job requirements without daily/weekly supervision.
• Assists area in the development and commercialization of new optical coatings and products.
• Assists area in the development and support of a comprehensive program that governs product, processes, and systems within the coating department.
• Proactively communicates with work cell personnel and department leads to support and ensure product meets the customer’s quality, service, and value expectations.
• Assists area in the establishment of mechanical and optical product specifications and then uses inspection tools and inspection methodologies to verify work performed.
• Supports the maintenance of equipment, tools and systems at a level that will sustain product and production that will meet or exceed customer quality, service, and value expectations.
• Assists area in developing processes, engineering drawings, travelers, or special instructions.
• Trains and develops coating technicians and apprentices.
• Preserves the quality of assigned material and product.
• Develops and uses basic SPC tools to monitor and evaluate process, product, and equipment performance.
• Assists area to minimize process, product, and equipment variation.
• Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of product, equipment, tools, supplies, inventory points, work areas or workstations within a work cell.
• Completes all process/product related documentation as it relates to the work performed
Preferred: An Associate Degree in Technology.
Experience: Required: 5 years experience in coating of optical components
Preferred: 10 experience with applying IR coatings onto IR materials
Knowledge/Skills: Basic math skills.
Skilled in the use of inspection tools and inspection equipment.
Good verbal and written communication skills
Must be capable of assessing variations in processes, materials, analyze data and resolve problems. Creativity is exercised in the development of new processes and materials applications to meet first of a kind applications and improve the quality of present products.